Introduction to Successful Project Planning
This workshop will help data leaders and their teams understand how the briefing process can play a key role in the shift from service provider to business advisor. It will help you apply practical planning frameworks in brainstorms and briefing meetings to improve the quality of briefs. After the course you will be able to use these skills to engage at a deeper level with your stakeholders by co-creating briefs that will dramatically improve the effectiveness of your project work.
- INTRODUCTION – developing an advisory approach to stakeholder briefing process
- Next Steps - for those who have completed Part 1
- Into Practice - following the successful completion of Parts 1&2
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This workshop is for anyone who is working in a formal business partnering role or where a significant part of your role is stakeholder facing - including insight analysts, data scientists, data architects, data compliance, data governance managers.
- Understand the core principles of project scoping – why deconstructing a brief can help drive efficiency and improve analysis outcomes
- Discover how to ask the difficult questions – what you need to know to respond to a credible brief
- Find out how the synthesis of ‘hidden’ and ‘blind’ information at the briefing stage can produce a more focused brief and targeted analysis plan
- Learn how to co-create – use a deductive approach that will help guide your analysis
- Small class sizes, maximum capacity of 16 attendees per workshop
- Experienced training instructors with relevant industry experience
- Blended learning environment – live campus session, coursework, on-demand tutorials, practical and theory-based training, group breakout rooms, hands-on interaction, practical activities and time for personal reflection
- Business Partnering
- Facilitating Action
PREVIOUS DELEGATES INCLUDE:
- Head of Decisioning (BT Group)
- Data & Products Lead (Heathrow)
- Data Product Owner (GSK Consumer Health)
- Senior Strategy Analyst (EDF Energy)
- Data Innovation Analyst (Royal Mail)
- Senior Insight Analyst (Superdrug)
To register for this event, simply email Steph below and full joining instructions will be sent to each attendee individually along with access to our digital learning portal with tasks to be completed prior to the online workshop. Please be aware there are only limited places available on a first come, first served basis with a maximum of 3 participants from each member company permitted at each session.
If cancelling once confirmed you must give at least 24 hours notice prior to the event in order for the credit use to be released. If any of the online materials have been accessed however, credit use will still apply. This course can also act as a refresher for anyone who may have previously attended this topic, all rules above would still apply.
*Successful Project Planning was previously known as Better Briefs