Next Steps in Data Storytelling
Join us for Part 2 of our virtual learning on storytelling. This session builds on the narrative structure developed in Part 1 and transforms it into a clear storyboard for your reporting and a compelling hook to drive audience engagement.
- Introduction – (all attendees must have completed this prior to Part 2 date)
- NEXT STEPS – building on the foundations, transforming your narrative into a clear storyboard and a compelling hook to drive audience engagement
- Into Practice (following the successful completion of Parts 1&2)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This workshop is for anyone who regularly presents data and complex information to internal or external stakeholders - including insight analysts, data scientists, data strategists, data architects.
- Find out about the power of Ethos - Logos - Pathos – why storytelling is the key to persuasion
- Learn how to use simple storytelling tricks to grab your audience from the outset – setup, conflict and resolution
- Understand the role of titles, hooks, metaphor and scenarios
- Discover how to apply traditional story archetypes to typical business problems
- Uncover ways of working to embed a storytelling approach, including the importance of co-creation and storyboarding
- Small class sizes, maximum capacity of 16 attendees per workshop
- Experienced training instructors with relevant industry experience
- Blended learning environment – live campus session, coursework, on-demand tutorials, practical and theory-based training, group breakout rooms, hands-on interaction, practical activities and time for personal reflection
- Presentation Skills
- Data Visualisation
HOW TO BOOK
To register for this event, simply email Steph below and full joining instructions will be sent to each attendee individually along with access to our digital learning portal with tasks to be completed prior to the online workshop. Please be aware there are only limited places available on a first come, first served basis with a maximum of 3 participants from each member company permitted at each session.
If cancelling once confirmed, you must give at least 24 hours’ notice prior to the event in order for the credit use to be released. If any of the online materials have been accessed however, credit use will still apply.