You may be working in a formal business partner role or a significant part of your role is stakeholder facing. Drawing on extensive account management and business partnering experience this programme goes beyond managing transactional relationships and uses advanced relationship marketing skills to help make connections, build value and proactively promote the data or insight function to the business.
Aims and objectives:
Although business partnering has become a model adopted by many shared service functions over the years, it often fails to be implemented effectively because the skills required are different to those expected of practioners in the service function. The aim of this session is to help analysts and data professionals build the skills required to shift from providing a responsive service model to one that delivers proactive solutions and advisory support to the business.
The core objectives of the programme are to:
- Help you to engage with the right people at the right time to co-create solutions that meet commercial objectives
- Build confidence in your sales and marketing skills to enable you to demonstrate the ‘art of the possible’ to current and prospective stakeholders
- Create a demand for advisory support and broader solutions, not just specific analytical requests
- Understand the core principles of business partnering and how to create mutually valuable strategic relationships
- Understand how to build credibility through balancing expertise, commercial acumen and empathy
- Able to design and deliver effective business partnering conversations and meetings
- Able to plan, create and deliver proactive communication to promote services