The DM Trust, the charitable organisation that provides funding and support to projects across the data and marketing industry, has delivered £600,000 worth of free training to more than 400 furloughed employees and those made redundant due to the coronavirus.
The move, which has seen funding increase threefold since the charity first announced the DM Trust Home Learning Fund, has seen people from 13 different industry sectors benefit from the initiative.
Spearheaded by the DM Trust, in partnership with the Institute of Data & Marketing (IDM), the initiative gives UK-based people who have been placed on furlough or made redundant access to fully funded training and professional qualifications. Both organisations have contributed £300,000 each.
There has been a high demand for both Online Self-study (52%) and Virtual Classroom (48%), highlighting continued demand for both an experience where people can learn at their own pace and those who want a shared learning experience led by a course tutor.
Most people have opted to apply for qualifications, with 68% selecting a qualification from the IDM’s portfolio. The remaining 32% selected short courses; the most in-demand qualifications were Professional and Postgraduate Diplomas in Digital Marketing.
IDM general manager Andy Dorling said: “The main goal of the DM Trust Home Learning Fund was to help people regardless of their experience, industry or background – the coronavirus has impacted professionals from all walks of life. The home learning that our fund facilitates will aid the wellbeing of hundreds of people across multiple sectors.
“We believe the impact of coronavirus may well lead to a long-term change in how professionals, even senior executives, upskill throughout their careers. Resulting in a growing interest in a digital learning experience that is both accessible remotely and interactive, which complements the needs of modern workers with demanding lifestyles.”
DM Trust chair Matt Housden said: "We now look forward to hearing about all the success stories of people who are able to upskill and keep their marketing minds fresh during these challenging times.”